Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 prices

Martin Hall

Enthusiast
Hi
I am new to the site
I have lived in France for a couple of years now My neighbour has an ancient R4 van bright orange in colour and I have been looking for a R4 car for a while now I normally run Ford Mondeos which are good cars but dont have the cheeky look of a R4
I am going to look at one tomorrow a 1987 which they are asking 900 euros or around 600 pounds The car has a new CT, French version of MOT and sounds in very good condition Cream body and interior

Does anyone know if this price sounds OK
They seem to go between 500 euros for a spares car to 2000 euros for a mint car
I would be grateful for any advice
Thanks
martin

That does sound like a good price if the car is in good condition. The main thing is to make sure the chassis is sound around the rear suspension mountings. Anything else can be patched up so long as the car is otherwise presentable.

In the UK we'd normally pay £50 for a spares car, £500 for a tatty car with an MOT, £1000 for a decent one, and up to £2000 for an immaculate one, although I'm told the lower end prices tend to be higher in France.

Hi
Well I brought it today got it for 850 euros
No visible rust anywhere underneath just a couple of rust spots by the windscreen
As I drove up to it I knew straight away it was mine
Drove back about 100km mostly motorway cruises at 90-100kph drives very well but does slow a bit on motorway hills and in the back wind as a 40ft trailer and unit goes past
Car has been well looked after by its previous owners

I will take some photos tomorrow and post them on here

Is it right these cars run on super petrol Uk 4 star replacement
Martin

I'd call mine decent, and it was £100. But i was probably lucky :p

The guy had 5 cars and not enough space, and he thought it was brilliant that a young man wanted to buy it as its not exactly a fancy car...

But yeah, €900 for a good one is fair enough.

Well done Martin. €850 is a good price for your car. It's about the same as I paid for my Spanish one. Look after it and you'll have it for ever!

Back