Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 scrapheap

benchseat

Enthusiast
Over my 40 years of owning R4s I kept them going by buying ‘scrappers’ from my local breaker and stripping them for parts. Time marches only in one direction, and I am now having a clear-out. Before I take a load of items to my local metal merchants for weighing-in, here are a couple of lots which might be of interest to anyone who is into restoration in a big way.
NB. These parts are in extremely poor condition — not so much scrapyard as scrapheap. Possibly some of them can be either used for small bits or by cutting sections out of them. Except where noted they are all from 1970s vehicles.

BODYWORK BITS — FREE TO GOOD HOME

A job lot comprising five front inner wings (three right, two left), a nearly complete RHD bulkhead (solid condition) off a 1971 car, four rear wings (still attached to upper body fragments), two front triangular panels from a GTL (reasonable condition), three doors, an extremely rusty floor pan.

DSCF0021.JPG

DSCF0022.JPG

ONE-AND-A-HALF BODYSHELLS + V5 : £50

Half a bodyshell from a red GTL (front half was destroyed by fire in another vehicle!). And a whole (but very far from complete) bodyshell from a yellow 1978 TL, plus matching V5 (oval and triangular plates still present). I don’t know the DVLA rules regarding restorations but possibly someone might be able to use this as a basis for something.

DSCF0023.JPG

DSCF0024.JPG

DSCF0025.JPG

(Hens not included).

I repeat : condition is extremely poor. You’d need a large van and/or trailer (with high sides). If nobody is interested, then the angle-grinder and the recycling centre beckon!

Please reply by Private Message (Conversation) only. Location: about 20 miles west of Gloucester.

any decent rear roof corner cuts? need to replace my rusty ones especially the nearside

Both the body shells have reasonable rear corner condition, but everyone please note that this pile is offered as two complete job lots only. My angle grinder is going to be used only to cut the hulks into small enough pieces to go to the recycling centre if nobody is willing to take them!.

Please don't take this the wrong way but that red rear end would make a wonderful garden bench. Cut it off straight, push it against a wall on a couple of wheels and sit in the boot opening. Just a thought...

Good morning,

I am in Western Australia and helping a friend restore a 1970 Renault R4 estate. There is a part missing and I know I will not be able to purchase a new one. Under the bonnet there is another handbrake leaver, at the base is the handbrake equalizer, it connects the two cables with this item to slide and equalize the too brakes, if removed with imagination it looks like the horns of a bull.

If you do not have could you put me in touch with someone who may have this item.

Regards,

Richard.

My email is, marick@westnet.com.au

Glad they found a new home, but I suspect the chickens will be sad to see their shell go?!

Dear Bench seat, do you still have the front windscreen,as i would be your bestest pal if you did & sold it to me.......please reply iam on tenterhooks.with the upmost respect Doug

Would you happen to have a dipstick lying around? Happy to pay a reasonable price plus carriage. Thanks

NOTE : this scrapheap was sold in its entirety about a year ago but I still have some similar bits available.

Hi, just combing through old posts.
you wouldnt have a Bonnet Stay, the one that plugs into the off side inner wing would you?
Will pre pay postage etc. Kind Regards Ian.

Hi
Is there anything left please?
After front window pull catch and bonnet stay.
Will travel to collect
Thanks and Kind Regards
Ian.

Back