Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 wanted

Alex Selwood

Enthusiast
Looking for a vcg R4.....based south coast UK. Let me know what you've got for sale!!:smile:

Also, as new to this forum...not sure how to find out if there is a R4 exhibition / stand at a bigger classic car show etc...anyone know??

Thanks for your help, in advance.....

There's a Renault 4 run in Kend in May, and the Renault Classic Car Club is keen to encourage R4s to join in. We're hoping to target an event next year and show up en mass.

Which year are you looking for? Nice everyday runaround or a classic early model?

Hi, Malcolm

My dad had one of the really very earlyones in the 60's......not sure that I want to g that old (although could be convinced!). Rally looking for a latish model, wich hasbeen looked after / renovated......not the mechanical type, you see :)

Would be grateful of any advice / a car to buy!!

Hi Alex, just been looking for this VERY site as I am the new owner of a car I have ALWAYS wanted to own! Blimey I even moved to France to get one! (OK Slight untruth there!?) But I not only got the one I got myself TWO!! And they are both running and too good to break! I travel from Caen to Portsmouth and used to Live in Fareham/Gosport. Can I possibly interest you in a little used L/H drive number?? They are both vans one long wheelbase and one short. Long is Beige? And short is Blue, I actually favour the blue one myself as it has a tow-bar and roof rack! They have been stood for a couple of years and as I say they BOTH run! Although only one carb between them! But WHAT a motor!!

Last edited:
Hi, and thanks for your reply.....

I am looking for a standard car...and ideall RHD, so I don't think your will work for me. Also, I am not looking to re-build in any way due to lack of capability and time.....so a good runner / excellent example is what I am after.

Good luck with moving them on (or one of them, anyway!) There are number of good websites in France, I notice.......

Alex

Back