Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

r5tx 1400 5speed engine and box 4 sale

mr-reno-139

AKA Paul Cunningham
hi every body need to clear my garage out before i put it on ebay thought id see if any interest here
is all complete have even got pas rack but currently fairly buried under other assorted renault stuff (not much r4 though)
have also got1300 5gtl engine and box both were good running units been dry stored 8yrs location west sussex call me or text 07973423795 or PM offfers invited
collection required might deliver at cost to southern england cheers paul
ps just to prove my insanity check out my r4
http://www.renault4.plus.com/gallery/peoplespics/PPb/PP12.htm
sadly now sitting in another garage outside my house must get round to fixing it soon :)

Don't suppose you've got a weber 32 DIR and associated air filter and housing?
What was the donor car for the engine in yours?
Did the handling improve dramatically with the fitment of R5 running gear?

Nice car, Rudi.

hi Rudi have got garage nearly full of stuff any thing is possible trying to motivate myself for a large clear out ,trying to sell big heavy bits 1st as taking up most room will let you know if i find any thing
Sadly my R4 is now a little rusty but still running engine is renault 16tx removed from one of the many i used for banger racing
paul

Edit - I don't mean an over-the-top shift, I mean is it an HA1 box?

If the PAS rack will fit an R4 I might be interested in that too.

hi djoptix yes it is ha1 wether you can change the top over to have 5 speed dash change i dont know as put floor change in my r4 i believe as box is slightly longer than ha0 modding crossmember would be needed mounting is slightly different to r4 part
as to rack fitting not sure looks similar but did not pursue further once i fitted 1647 engine
maybe others on forum can advise

Crossmember does need a mod to accomodate the extra 20mm length. It's a fiddly job (just finished mine). The gear lever should swap over with mixing the internals under the top cover, and you need the Renault 4 bell housing and input (clutch) shaft.

• crossmember.jpg
    crossmember.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 171
Hi...

don't suppose a pas rack is a steering rack? I'm in desperate need and could collect. Not up to speed on abbreviations.

regards,

John

hi john
pas stands for power assisted steering standard on 5tx not usually seen on renault 4 s
what car do you need a rack for? as most r4 racks can be fixed , also many differrences between models
fussy mot testers usually want to fail play in passenger side. some play is normal
paul

Interested!

Hi Paul,

thanks for the quick reply... 'power assisted steering;' I should have known... just didn't fit into the context of r4's. My cars a 1985 GTL. Do you have any tips on how to fix it as I don't know if my MOT man will accept the line that it's normal.

Cheers, John.

Back