Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

radiator colling fan motor rebuild

Fernando

Enthusiast
Helo guys I need some help as usual
for the past 9 months Ive been rstoring all my 4l mechanics piece by piece, all the engine and all the other parts,
but now and for the first time I dont know where to start, looks like this one is a disposable part, does anyone ever rebuild one of these?
20190225_170359.jpg

i have took apart ventilator and bracket but did not opened electromotor.
First remove pop rivets from bracket to free it.

Ventilator.... remove security washer on top of it, and you need to pull it really hard. At least i had to!
Split pin is there to secure motion of the ventilator if start to skid on shaft

Electromotor if it is working than there is no need to open it.
If it is not working you can try to see what is inside. Electromotor is crimped on 4 points but i am afraid if you try to uncrimped it it will brake and it will be hard to put it back together
070520141121.jpg
070520141123.jpg
100520141145.jpg
100520141146.jpg

The electromotor is ok but now is the oportunity to replace the brushes the problem is like you said its crimped so probably to replace the brushes you dont have to open it.
But I dont know if the 2 plastic pieces he as on the sides are the brushes.

Do not know where brushes are located.
But on the other hand....if electromotor stop than you can always easily take it from the car.
I would not bother with it until it is working.

All the brushes in all the other motors were in the end thats why I wanted to replace these but looks like will not be possible.
On the other hand the motor as 2 plastic pieces located exactly where the brushes are so I belive that they can be replaced from the outside but I cant find anyone o did it.
So I cant try because is to risky

Back