Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Re-installing door windows

Eoynteenie

Planning an Advent4
Wondering if anyone can advise me on how to get the door window back into the door.
What needs buying and what must be replaced.

I sadly didn't take them out so unsure how they fit back in.

Yup just re seated one of mine . They look to me like the later plastic type. In which case get yourself some black mastic and apply that to the recess of the window. Insert the fixed pane. Now pick up pane and frame together and push lower edge with the slider flange over the door edge at the bottom. Then push the frame top edge toward the door and you should have it. The felt and rubber channel then tucks in between the plastic channel you have just inserted and the outer edge flaps over the edge and to the interior of the car with a rounded profile.

However you may have some little clips - keep hold if these as hard to obtain. These clip over the plastic frame and the metal edge of the door to stop squeaks and rattles.
If you have some apply these before the rubber and felt channel is added

Ok, doing a stock check and clean (The doors weren't fully stripped before getting blasted)

So the rears have 4 of them little clips, plastic, two glass pieces and a rubber strip. Sound correct? And where do the 4 clips install correctly, is there a set place for them?
2019-08-02 16.20.49.jpg

Fronts are the same story but only 3 metal clips instead. This correct?
2019-08-02 16.20.53.jpg

and Tigel seal the ideal stuff to seal them back in?

Cheers,

Thanks Andy for the photos, I see them going back on no issue now.

Back