Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear brake valve limiting valve

hal7600

Enthusiast
Any ideas as to who might supply parts for servicing one of these, or is it straight to Der Franzose for a new one at £100?

As far as I know, these are not serviceable. When ordering a new one first check the price at your Renault dealer - also check whether you need the metal cover, spring etc etc - there are quite a few pieces involved.

Its worth going on to French ebay site ( Auto: Pieces, Accessories and put in Renault 4L in the search) for them. I have seen them being offered for about 30 euros, sadly not one on there at present.

As far as I know, these are not serviceable. When ordering a new one first check the price at your Renault dealer - also check whether you need the metal cover, spring etc etc - there are quite a few pieces involved.

I know, all the manuals say that one shall not open these valves and that they are not serviceable.
I personnaly think that is BS.

Not knowing that these are not "repairable" I just did it a few week s ago. ;)
It's a simple valve that comes apart pretty easy. Mine was clogged with some black, greasy stuff.
Clean it up thoroughly, blow through all the bores with pressurized air, use a fresh seal/washer when you reassemble it and you are good to go.

David.

P.S.
Here's mine...
Restauration-24.jpg

Restauration-83.jpg

there 's one on Ebay at the moment don't know if it will fit Item number: 200434091963 cost £29.98 plus £9.98p p&p
billy

If you think you need a new one you've got nothing to lose by taking the old one to bits to see how it works. It may be as David says, only needing a clean, your local bearing supplier can find most sizes of seals / O rings.

The fixed (earlier) type I took apart had an odd shape/dimension seal that couldn't be located anywhere. :-(

Back