Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear sliding window seals for Spanish R4 F4 high-top van

R4fanatic

Enthusiast
Hi all,

Hope the weather's not dimishing your enthusiasm for your lovely Renaults! I've been out and about in mine as much as possible. Sadly I don't yet have an undercover spot to park it so lately it's been leaking like a sieve. I've removed all the rubber mats and some rubber bungs so at least it dries quickly. I must tackle the leaks and look for the usual suspect entry points. My work is twice as hard though as I have rear windows in the van (factory fitted) and they are NOT watertight. In fact, since getting wet (I suspect the wettest they've been in years) They have swollen and gone all "wavy" so they are not sealing. They were very perished and hard with some cracks to start with.

I have not been able to source a replacement online that is in stock. Can anyone help? Is there a generic/universal type seal that would work? My front windows are just as bad but I believe I'll be able to source those as they are the same as the car. It's the rarity of the Spanish vans that might be a problem so if any of you have contacts over there please let me know!

Many thanks and best wishes to you all!

Regards,

Andrew

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg2.jpg1.jpg4.jpg

Hi Andrew-they Do look perished! I've used a small can of Leak-Seek from Holts I think.wipe off dirt etc then pour via nozzle on can some of the stuff between metal/plastic/rubber/glass ,let it soak in then repeat untill filled up..It Might help but as said; yours are real bad.. -R.

Hi Andrew-they Do look perished! I've used a small can of Leak-Seek from Holts I think.wipe off dirt etc then pour via nozzle on can some of the stuff between metal/plastic/rubber/glass ,let it soak in then repeat untill filled up..It Might help but as said; yours are real bad.. -R.
Thanks for the tip... I'll certainly try that at least!

Andrew, my belief is that whilst the roof on the Spanish vans are different the 'full' side windows are the same.
Go to page 66.02.1 in the parts manual [PR1104] to get part numbers which may assist you.

Andrew, my belief is that whilst the roof on the Spanish vans are different the 'full' side windows are the same.
Go to page 66.02.1 in the parts manual [PR1104] to get part numbers which may assist you.
Thanks Tom!

Back