Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear Wheel Bearing Grease Cap

ChrisH

Enthusiast
Help!

My 1989 R4 (called Pearl cos of the colour) is missing one of the rear wheel bearings grease caps. At present it just have an old plastic cap off some spray can of something to act as a temporary closure.

Does anyone have a proper one they don't want and would like to offload please?

Also, if anyone has a rubber seal that seals the fuel filler pipe to rear wing, I'm in the market for that too please.
The current arrangement by the last owner was to fibreglass the fuel filler pipe in.............

Regards, Chris

I'll have a look at what I've got on the 4 I'm breaking tomorrow, but I know I'm busy and then I'm working in Belgium all week so it won't be till next weekend I can start getting stuff off, if thats ok tell us or someone may be able to help you quicker than me.

Hi Pepper,
That would be great - look forward to hearing from you later.

Sorry you answered the same query twice..............it's the little grey cells you know, mine have faded due to time in use........

Chris

Hi Again,
Just a thought - are the seats on this R4 you're scrapping any good?

The seats in Pearl are tired and have the odd marks and tears, plus the springs collapsed and broke on the front two seats which I 'repaired' with a bit of wire I found in the hedge in our French garden - being all that I had to hand - (needs must), but that will only be a temporary repair, so if your seats are any good and are in need of a new home we'd be interested.

Chris

I have a full complete interior in brown check, but the one seat does have a broken spring but I do have yet another seat which could be used to repair the poorly one.

Hi there,

Have you managed to locate any of the bits I am after yet please?
Regards, Chris

Hi Chris I'm sorry I've been my usual slack self!

I've been unable to actually get to my workshop for the snow and I'm working 15 hour days at the moment due to a company installation plan which they've lovingly designed for us!

I will have 1/2 an hour in the morning as my dog broke his leg today so will be having to wait for the vets appointment in the morning so I will see if I can get up there then and check everything for you.

Hi Chris, the snow's yet again stopped me from getting up my workshop!

In fact due to the cars stuck in our street I can't even get out from the house.

Hi Pepper, we're up in Gloucester at our daughters for a couple of days and there snow has hit here too. But not to worry, the snow will go soon, but not before it has interrupted your 15 hour days I hope.
Chris

Back