Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Registration details

snes

Enthusiast
Can anybody help me - I'm shortly taking delivery of an R4 GTL from the Isle of Man. So I will need to fill in an import form to register it in the UK. Ideally, I would need a certificate of conformity to take these details from, but in reality, the required details would be on the registration document of any 1108cc GTL.

As my car is coming from the IoM, I'm not sure it will have all the required info that I need, so just to cover myself, could anyone mail me a scan of the lower half of a registration document (all personal details obviously cropped) so I can proceed with my form filling. It will contain things such as type approval, db ratings, weight etc.

My car will be a 1986 rhd 1108cc GTL. If any one has a certificate of conformity to send, even better!

I take it that these cars are too old to have a co2 figure?

thanks!

You won't need a certificate of conformity to bring it into the UK if the vehicle is over 10 years old ( all Renault 4's are over 10 years old now.

You just roll up at your local licensing office and fill one form out (it helps if you have the last registration document) Pay the fee for registering and either 6 or 12 months tax and normally within a week you have your new registration.

Thanks Pepper
I've got this import pack that they sent me - have I got the wrong thing?
Any idea what this form is that I need - then I can request one.
What is the road tax on this car?
Thanks!

I ended up phoning the DVLA - they talked me through the import pack form. You don't need to fill in all of the weights or CO2 emissions, just the very basic stuff.

Date of first registration: should be on the original docs,
Taxation class: Private/Light Goods
Cylinder capacity: 1108cc
Type of fuel: Petrol
Wheelplan: 2-Axle rigid body
Chassis number
Engine Number
Colour

I was getting confused by it all too, so ended up driving upto my local licensing office and getting them to help me to fill the forms out correctly!

well, I collected my R4 today (whoopee!) and looked at the IoM registration doc. There was virtually nothing on it beyond basics. Malcolm - is your reg doc unticked or blank against things such as type approval, db levels, weights etc?

If not, could I share the information please?

Thanks!

Back