Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Removing headlamp backing covers

Eccles60

First Renault 4 after 40 years waiting
Silly question probably but how do I remove the black bowls from behind the headlamps on my 1986 GTL? I need access to the headlamp bulbs and the owner's manual shows them separated but doesn't mention how to move them. With my feeble grip I can't seem to move them and don't know how much force to apply.

Thanks - also where can I get yellow halogen bulbs from?

Cheers, Mark B

Thanks - also where can I get yellow halogen bulbs from?
Cheers, Mark B

ME! I can supply you with a couple of 60/55 watt halogen bulbs, complete with "selective" yellow covers, which will fit into the opening used by the conventional 50/45 watt non-halogen bulbs. PM me if you need to know more.

Hi there Mark, it's quite easy to remove the headlamp covers, simply use a small screwdriver to lever them off.
Regards Brian.

Hi there Mark, it's quite easy to remove the headlamp covers, simply use a small screwdriver to lever them off.
Regards Brian.
Thanks Brian. Now I know, I'll feel better having a go. Hopefully I can see a small gap where the cover separates from the base. Much appreciated, Mark.

These covers have quite a tight fit. Do not be afraid to use some force with a small screwdriver. I've never found a gap to put my screwdriver in to. I just went for it.
What might help is to try to turn them first.

These covers have quite a tight fit. Do not be afraid to use some force with a small screwdriver. I've never found a gap to put my screwdriver in to. I just went for it.
What might help is to try to turn them first.
Cheers that's very helpful, I'll give it a go now with more knowledge. Much obliged.

Back