Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Removing the dashboard of a '69 er ?

LeBlanc

Enthusiast
Hello !
Could anybody give me some tips on how to remove the dashboard of a 1969 model ?
I've undone all the screws I can seen, including these at the windscreen side, but still the controls are jamming it ? What's the trick ?
Do I have to remove the indicator switch, and light switch first, or is there an easier way ?
Thanks for the help !
We're strarting on a nice little restoration of our white 1123, still a lot to do, including a nice respray and some welding ;)

The three switches held by little spring clips. Pull on them and they'll pop out. To fit them back in later just push them back into their holes in the switch units.

Sounds like a proper renovation if you are removing the dash. Would love to see photos on the way.

That seems logical, but it's more the problem of the indicator switch and lightswitch which is fixed on the steering column. Can they be uncrewed or how do I get them out ?
Pictures I'll post in a weeks time, then the project gets more under way..

Those are the ones that pull out. just get hold of the end of the stalk and pull it. As demonstrated by my assistant :D

• indicator-stalk.jpg
    indicator-stalk.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 189
Aha ! Dashboard and all the rest is out of the car, thanks for the advice, sometimes it can be simple !
:hug:

Back