Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 1973 electric diagram

Fidias

Enthusiast
Hello! im writing from chile and im starting to restore a renault 4 that i have.. but im having problems with some cables that are powerd and loose so iits mkin my fuse box crash..

desorden1.jpg

desorden2.jpg

so this is the reason for why i need a elecric diagram of the renault 4l age 1973..

i downloaded the 2 that are the most common one and it has a electric diagram but it isint very clear in the details of the llitle cables...

Thanks everybody

I need 1973 renault 4 diagram and help conecting fusebox plz!!

y mail iz fidias.alexopulos@gmail.com

thanks !!!

and by the way i need some specific help with the fuse box conection, i mean i have 4 slots and i cant figure where should thoes cables go to..

thannks again :D:D:D:D:D

I can see from the photos that a lot of people have done repairs in your R4's electrics in the past. Therefore, tha wiring diagram may be more confusing than useful, especially concerning cable colours...Nevertheless, the electrics of the R4 are very simple and working with common sense is enough most of the time.
Fuses, driver's side to passenger's side (right to left, when viewing the fusebox):

Turn signals
Switched +12V supply to the instrument panel (instruments and heater)
Wipers
Interior lamp and stop lights

This is the factory layout. I have seen all possible combinations, components added or different fuse layout simply because it's easy to mix the spade connectors when removing the fusebox. Especially on high mileage cars...

Are you from Greece? Both your name and surname are Greek... :-)

im from chile ( the country that had the huge earthcuake some days ago).. but we come from greace ...

these days i learnd that its very simple.. im doing my one electric diagram with a fusebox with 8 sokets, plugin a radio and soud system, everything is going very well , ..

I have a new problem.. i just posed it but il ask it here anyway... how do you do the direction lights?.. the light bolbs are working but i cant find how to connect them ..

it had a flasher on the loose (12v, 3 sockets, and it says 550).. and its in perfect .. but i have no idea how to conect it with the switch and with the lights.. .. =P

thanks!!!! =)

The 3 terminals on the flasher unit should be marked "L", "P", and "X"

The "X" should be connected to switched +12V (12V only when ignition ON)

The "L" goes to indicator switch (see below)

The "P" is connected to the warning light on the instrument panel.

Now about the indicator stalk switch...on the back you will see some terminals. One (on the center maybe) is the "common", the others will be left and right side. Each side has two terminals. You can find the "common" terminal by operating the switch and testing with a multimeter. Anyway, when you find it, you connect it to the "L" terminal and you are ready!
Greetings from Greece!

wow !! a greek renault dude xD.. ahahah nice to make conctact to the mother land !!.. im gona do what u say and reply then again to tell you how did i go ! =D

thank´s and Kalispera !!!

It worked !!! =D thanks alot ... i relly apreciate the help u gave me.. without youre help i woudnt been able to do it ....
but.....

1.- im havin a question with the light that goes in the table.. i think i have to buy a light socket with 2 slots, because i see that it has only one slot.. so a can only conect one direction light ( i tryed to split the cable in 2 but i electrified the 4 lights)...

2.- Im suposing that the "P" cable goes to a switch that conects with 2 cables.. each one will go to the left and right diagram directly. il try that tommorow

3.- Can you start me up with long distance, short distance lights?, i have the connection good in both sides, but it doesnt work when i try to do change the " intense " of the lights..

Again im reely glad for youre help, you have relly solved me a very intense headake =D !!

1.- im havin a question with the light that goes in the table.. i think i have to buy a light socket with 2 slots, because i see that it has only one slot.. so a can only conect one direction light ( i tryed to split the cable in 2 but i electrified the 4 lights)...

2.- Im suposing that the "P" cable goes to a switch that conects with 2 cables.. each one will go to the left and right diagram directly. il try that tommorow

Kalispera Fidias!! :-)

The "P" terminal goes to the green turn signal lamp on the instrument panel. As it is only one (the same lights for both left and right hand turn), nothing else needs to be done.
There is no need to fit a two-terminal bulb holder, since the "P" terminal feeds +12V and the bulb holder grounds through the instrument panel itself.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand what's wrong with the headlamp beams...do the headlamps turn on?

Ohhhhh !! i understand.. Ithought that the "P" cable goes to the emergency cables, but ill connect it to the panel.. i did it and it works very well =)

But..

1.- can u help me with the emergency lights?.. i can´t figure out how to do that connection.. im thinking that i have to buy a specific switch to connect both sides of the "direction light´s switch" ill make a drawing
dibujozq.png

Something like that?....

meanwhile im going to try to do a cable connection to long-short distance lights.. if u can give me some advice ill apreciate it.. but i can´t do the emergency light connection =(.....

oh and the lights turn on.. but i can do the long distance light go on

Yes the hazard warning flashers need a special switch that bridges both sides when ON but leaves them isolated when OFF.

Back