Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Brochure

snes

Enthusiast
Hi - just bought this little beauty - sorry if the images are poor, but being A3 size, I could only photo it, not scan. Might try at work if folks show enough interest.
Note how careful Renault are to rustproof the car......

Last edited:
Wow, that's amazing. Would love to frame a copy! Do you have a Prontoprint or similar nearby? Would gladly reimburse you costs incl time and trouble to arrange and post!

Alternatively a scan and I'll have printed locally!

Best wishes.

Mark

Hi - just bought this little beauty - sorry if the images are poor, but being A3 size, I could only photo it, not scan. Might try at work if folks show enough interest.
Note how careful Renault are to rustproof the car......

may well be a nice main topic on here-amongst the Gang we must have a gazillion brochures in various languages,so hows about it Malcolm? -R.

Hi again snes..hope you don't mind me "taking over"your tread like this,but since I put my (big) foot in I thought I'd start with sharing some of my brochures with you guys....
The most interesting picture for me would be number 5 showing two R4F4's from the rear-Notice the one on the right is the High top version!!

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 447
and still some more.....

• IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 440
Wow! I love old brochures - I agree with Reid, how about a brochures section to the forum, Malcolm. A bit like a browsing library.
Firstandbest - I'll see what I can do, leave it with me for a few weeks.
Rick

Hi Top

I have one of those! I have always wondered if mine was a factory job or a private modification for a dry-cleanig company to hang up their clothes. Now I know. Thank-you!

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

do you have a high R4 F4?

I'd love to see a picture of that car!

rEGARDS,

bRAM

Obviously this is a major project which is still to start in earnest although I am slowly accumulating the bits that I need to transform it from 845cc into a 1.4 litre restoration. It will be re-paimted witk the same signage.

Cheers'

David

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 340
  • r4van 002.jpg
    r4van 002.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 352
  • r4van 003.jpg
    r4van 003.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 343
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 344
Hi David,

thanks for the pictures. Your car is a special one I must say. Unlike the other high ones I know, the reinforcement form in the roof ends just around the corner. Can it be a converted nowmal one? I'm curious to know if it is a type R2108S?

Regards,

Bram

Van

Ther are no other high roof vans in the country that I know of, so I cannot compare. Sourcing a normal roof for it would be expensive, I think - and then there is fitting.

Mine is a 1968 R2106. It is a chain drive 845cc running 12 volt electrics. I assume that it was assembled in Australia at the Renault factory from imported parts.

Cheers,

David

Well, as a matter of fact, I went to Madrid with a friend 2 weeks ago, to pick up this car:

imagen002kd5.jpg

The construction in the roof is different. In fact, the upper part is made of plastic, and so is the Girafon.

What year is the Forgonete? Is it the '67 mentioned in your signature? Spanish built cars tend to be oddballs - it's funny to have the carry handles with the early bumpers. The high roof sounds good fun too.

It's from '71, so 4 speed, 12V (all the Spanish ones are) and still the first bonnet, which was used on basic cars up to 77 in Spain. It's not mine, but a friends car, who has - by the way - an interesting website in English about R4 brochures: www.allez-y.info.

Back