Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 F4

thats a green. looks good

What colour was the rims and powder coated?

and who did the seats? really like them.

thats a green. looks good

What colour was the rims and powder coated?

and who did the seats? really like them.

The seats are Audi items. They are black leather and match the black PVC of the door cards.

The wheels are not powder coated. They came off a rusty spanish R4. The wheels on the van when I bought it were not the originals - the originals would have been similar but no logo in the middle and no hole and no hubcaps.

So they are out of an Audi? must hassle to fit?

That really does look very nice indeed.

Can you tell me a bit more about the seats - which Audi were they from - model / year etc. I fancy replacing the seats in my F6 with something a bit more modern and they look like an interesting option. How much hassle were they to fit?

What a lovely restoration, a credit to the craftsmen at NCC. Worth every euro I reckon, and all you have to do now is enjoy it. Nice one Richard. Regards Brian.

Very nice!
Except the seats. I prefer original.
And the colour is hmm - a question of taste ... :rolleyes:

Have fun with her!

Cheers,

David

Green being the colour it always has been, Unlike ?, I like it, Its a good irish colour,

Richard, what a great Van,
I'm just wondering if you were tempted at all to go for orange paint ala the p&t vans at all in the restoration process? With a white door I think too.
My ideal r4 would be an f4 in the p&t colours with that lovely black text on white along the side.
Nick

Nicky I considered changing the colour but decided to keep it the original An Post colour for the sake of the vehicle's history. The van is 1987 model and those P&T colours were already obsolete by the time my van was produced. In any case I don't remember them myself.

Back