Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 FOR SALE

sensai

Enthusiast
FOR SALE

RENAULT 4 Tl Savanne 1990
1128cc Left Hand Drive

149,651 Kilometres / 92,000 Miles £450.00

Imported from France in 2005 - U.K. Registered.
Taxed and M.O.T. till 28.03.07

I bought this car in France whilst living there, brought it back and registered it. It has been used daily since 2005 without breakdown.

This car is in excellent condition. The bodywork is very good with only small rust spots. There are all U.K. M.O.T.s and receipts, original log book, French M.O.T.s and limited service history, various bits and bobs.

The chassis has been welded at the back and the drivers seat is almost knackered, otherwise the car is in perfect running condition. All parts of the car are 100% original.

I am selling this car because weve just had twins and had to buy something safer and bigger!

This car is located in Glasgow.

Please telephone 0141 357 4448 (after 6pm) or email 'john@yo-mail.net' if you are interested or require more details.

John.

• 1front and driver side.jpg
    1front and driver side.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 686
  • 2front and driver side2.jpg
    2front and driver side2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 614
  • 3passenger and front.jpg
    3passenger and front.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 618
  • 4rear and side.jpg
    4rear and side.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 610
  • 8engine bay.jpg
    8engine bay.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 717
  • 9SPEEDO.jpg
    9SPEEDO.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 762
  • 10open boot.jpg
    10open boot.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 558
  • 5driver interior.jpg
    5driver interior.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 556
  • 6passenger interior.jpg
    6passenger interior.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 545
  • 7back seat.jpg
    7back seat.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
I was very tempted - though I've already got one. Looks nice, and a good price. And H reg - how cool is that?

Did you figure out the rear suspension thing - you were looking for a RHS rear suspension arm a little while ago if I remember.

1128 Tl ?

Lovely looking car!

Were 1128cc engines fitted to later TLs as standard?

Thats a good memory clementine! I had to settle for a good weld in the end. Seems to of done the job. And you're right, the price is good, so go on, snap it up!
Thanks 'jjad. I'm sure it's a 1128cc, well at least I hope so!

Car now sold

This car has now been sold.

Thanks to all for your interest. And a special thanks to Clementine for producing the BEST RENAULT 4 SITE on the internet. I have learned a lot from all of the regulars and their tips. Keep up the good work!

Glad to hear it's sold, though It's probably more to do with your good advertising (lots of description and photos) than anything to do with the forum.

So will the person who bought the car reveal themself? Looked like a good-un to me.

Don't leave us

Don't forget sensai that you can still join in the forum even if you no longer have a R4. I started before I knew better and only had a Maestro but they were very kind to me. :)

Engine size

Lovely looking car!

Were 1128cc engines fitted to later TLs as standard?
Just been looking at a Renault site where it gives specifications of all the different models. According to that the Savanne has an engine code of 112C which makes it a 956cc. These were fitted to all the 4Ls and TLs from 1986 onwards. The only other obvious difference between the TL and the GTL is that the TL is minus the handles at the front, the grey strips along the side and door pockets.

I must confess Clementine that it was I who bought Blanche the white R4. :)

Phew!

Thanks for clearing the engine size up Bluebell. And don't worry I'll hang around. "Once a R4 owner, always an R4 owner."

Beautiful car! I'd buy it now if I could stump up the cash, just had my tax bill though so might not be able to stretch that far!

Sorry torsten, I've already bought it and picked it up. Besides, looking at your collection, you've already got sufficient cars to stock a motor museum. :wink:

Back