Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 GTL 1986 for sale - LHD - French registered now but was D reg in UK

Natalie

quatrelle mademoiselle
Car details

Year:
1986 First registered: Oct 1986
Kms: 136,000 approx.
Location: Northern France (Dept 62) - but I can bring it back to SE London or near by.
Reason for Sale: We are relocating abroad for family reasons and are not able to take it with us.
Condition: Needs quite a bit of body work as we had only invested in the mechanics.
It likely needs both front side panels and both rear panels replaced and also bottom of the boot area ( i have tried to show this in the photos) I know you can get these panels easily.
It has a stainless steel exhaust that was fitting at cost of £600.
It had front and rear chrome bumpers added - unfortunately i didn't treat them immediate with rust proofer so they have a few spots that need to be rubbed off
It had new (renospeed reconditioned) wheels
It has new boot lock
It has 12 v charger for phone etc
It had a new battery fitted I think about a year ago.
Quick items that need fixing:
- The horn does not work at the moment
- Rear vision mirror and window catches need to be reglued back into place.
- New wiper rubbers needed
- rust proof the chrome bumpers would be sensible.

History: This is the famous 'Benault' which some people may know. Ben Coombs (of Pub 2 Pub fame) made an adventure out of sourcing this car in 2017. He went to Slovenia bought the car then drove it over 7 days covering 1,800 miles back through Italy and Northern France arriving back in Plymouth. Ben wrote a blog about the adventure and it is also mentioned in Bens book.
Ben then moved on to other more sporty vehicles and so sold the Renault to me.
I kept the car it in the UK for a while and I then took the Renault to serve as our everyday vehicle in Northern France where we bought a house to renovate. In he event of Brexit and Covid we made the decision to live in France for a while and so transferred ourselves and the Renault to France, hence it is now French Registered.
It had an initial French MOT at that time (Oct 2020) and gained its collection status in March 2021.
It is registered as a 'Collection' vehicle and so only requires a French MOT every 5 Years. (The next is due in October 2025)
I have the UK MOT documents as well- which it passed in 2016,17,18 & 19.
It was services by renospeed until Derek retired.

I have the historical documents including the V5C from its time in the UK - 2017 - 2020

Location: Now the Renault is still stored in a Friends Barn in a village near Hesdin (Dept 62140)
We are now living in a small apartment in London prior to our larger relocation so we are not able to fix it up while we are still here, therefore it is stored with friends in our old French village and needs to be sold as it is.

Mechanically it has never missed a beat - probably thanks to Derek's(|Renospeed) great work!

Photographs
A small selection attached as the limit is 10 - however i have many more if needed. I have a vast amount of photos as we had a lot fun with the Renault and it is in a way a local personality in the area of France we lived in.

Price: I believe a fair price would be £1500 given that it would cost someone a bit of time and effort to arrange the paper work to get it back to the UK if that's what they wish and also due to the body work required.
I wish I could keep it & fix it myself it is a very reluctant sale.

Contact information
Email: natalie.freestone 'at' gmail.com
(i have removed my phone number as I started to get calls from strange places - so email is the best way to touch base initially)
We will be visiting France in mid July so can arrange viewings there if necessary - Hesdin is about 75 minute drive SW from Calais Eurotunnel/Ferry (Inland from Le Touquet)

image4.jpeg IMG_4214.jpg IMG_5914.jpg IMG_5915 (1).jpg IMG_5917 (1).jpg IMG_5924 (1).jpg IMG_5932 (1).jpg IMG_5934 (1).jpg IMG_4998.jpg IMG_5921.jpg

Last edited:
Back