Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 wanted

climb41

Hello all,
I used to see Renault 4's all over when I would go on holiday to Croatia, and I've always thought they were great looking little cars... So, I've now decided that I want one... As I'm in the UK, would prefer RHD, but wouldn't mind LHD. Would also prefer it to be in the Cambridge/Bedford area, but am willing to travel if it's a good car! I like working on cars, so don't mind if it's a bit rough...but would prefer to not have to do any welding or major body work... If anyone knows of/has a car, please let me know,

Trent

I'd offer you an Yvette. But the old girl could really do with a little welding in the front floorpan area. And a spray job.

Trick to buying a Renault 4 is to go see it before purchasing and looking for the rust spots in the buyers guide. Good ones in the UK are rare, but they do pop up from time to time. Keep an eye on here and eBay.

HI Malcolm,

Are you still selling Yvete??
maybe interested in a yellow one.

Also,
can you advise me where or if i can get a front floor section for my GTL. There ahas been a leak from behind the dash for a about a year and now its taken my floor away from me in certain places:eek:

cheers

andrew

Hi Andrew, Yvette is still on the market. But she's not really yellow. She was once blue and still is on the inside. Outside there are 2 coats of different yellow paints, both of which are peeling off. Relatively solid otherwise apart from the back of the boot floor and front floor pans, but a restoration would have to involve a bare metal respray and new door seals that aren't yellow. Would work as a scruffy patch it and go car.

For new front floorpans, Renault still do them, otherwise Der Franazose have a selection of repair panels.

Back