Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Wanted

Ads_M

Hi Guys.... I'm after a Renault 4!

If any one has one for sale then please let my know...

Ads

Welcome to the forum
Hope you find the car of your dreams there are lots for sale prices vary

Me personally I would say buy the best you can afford
You may want to state your budget
lhd or rhd
How far you want to travel to view ☺
I would like to think that buying on recommendation from an established forum member would be a good idea dependant on your own mechanical skill level and experience with old cars in general
Being good at welding or know some one who is helps too
You will also need a sense of humour as being slightly odd is a prerequisite of R4 ownership ☺☺☺☺

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome,

Yeah, I'm looking for a good runner but also don't mind putting a bit of elbow grease in and open to left or right hand drive. I'm in London so she'll mainly be a run around, I've fond memories of them when I was growing up in and now i'm a little older i've always wanted one...
And I know what you mean about the odd sense of humour....haha

Give us a clue on budget and bear in mind a tatty solid car may not impress some of your snobby disbelieving acquaintances
But the smile on your face while using it means you wont care about that
Because values are seemingly rising for shiny cars make sure it's as good as it looks
There are people who are paying strong money for not very solid cars which will come as a shock at next mot

Can I join the queue? We owned a Renault 4 over thirty years ago but when she got too rusty, and as we needed a reliable family car, she had to go. Over the years I've owned five Citroen 2CVs and have one at the moment, in fact she is in for an MoT this morning. I am hankering after a Renault 4GTL though and want a little more oomph and comfort. Yesterday I was at the Friars at Aylesford and got chatting to Derek and his wife (Renospeed) and am more convinced that a Renault 4GTL is the right car for me(us). I can either sell the 2CV (well maintained, dry stored, and with a galvanised chassis) or agree a part exchange. Any car in reasonable condition. I'd prefer not to have to weld the chassis but I guess that is inevitable these days as the R4s are getting long in the tooth. No LHDs please.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome,

Yeah, I'm looking for a good runner but also don't mind putting a bit of elbow grease in and open to left or right hand drive. I'm in London so she'll mainly be a run around, I've fond memories of them when I was growing up in and now i'm a little older i've always wanted one...
And I know what you mean about the odd sense of humour....haha

Have you contacted Derek of Renospeed in London?
http://www.renospeed.co.uk/
He's done work on our car in the past, and I'd recommend him.

Can I join the queue? We owned a Renault 4 over thirty years ago but when she got too rusty, and as we needed a reliable family car, she had to go. Over the years I've owned five Citroen 2CVs and have one at the moment, in fact she is in for an MoT this morning. I am hankering after a Renault 4GTL though and want a little more oomph and comfort. Yesterday I was at the Friars at Aylesford and got chatting to Derek and his wife (Renospeed) and am more convinced that a Renault 4GTL is the right car for me(us). I can either sell the 2CV (well maintained, dry stored, and with a galvanised chassis) or agree a part exchange. Any car in reasonable condition. I'd prefer not to have to weld the chassis but I guess that is inevitable these days as the R4s are getting long in the tooth. No LHDs please.

Sorry Adam, I clearly don't pop in here very often. I will email you now.:doh: (Later) Email sent.

Back