Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 5 Gordini for sale

Stuart Delahoy

Enthusiast
Just a quicky to say I have just picked up a 5 Gordini and a complete spare engine...
Make your 4 go like hell...these engines drop straight in...
Car is tatty but complete, not running due to standing in a garage for 5 years.
Spare engine is complete with carb, manifolds, ect...

Both can be at a good price for a quick sale...

Stuart
07973 358877.

am interested if this really will go into my R4GTL without chainsawing the whole car up. Any idea of ther engine's condition? Do you have aprice in mind?

Hi
I believe the engine and 5 speed box will go in without any body mods at all...there may be linkages ect to make up but thats about it...check with Derek at Renospeed, he has done this before.
The loose engine has been sold.
The car is £350 complete as is, I have not tried to get the engine running but it looks sound and complete.
Thanks
Stuart

The 5 speed box is a little longer with a slightly different front mount so you'll need the chainsaw on the front crossmember. (Otherwise the GTL 4 speed box should fit the gordini engine). Other than that it should just be a case of botching up the inlet, exhaust and throttle linkage.

Stuart - am seriously interested in surviving Gordini at £350. have spoken at length to Renospeed to do the job as the engine will need a total rebuild plus bespoke exhaust system, bigger tyres, heavier clutch etc. I would like a day to to work out the total costs and think the project through, and sort out moving the car to London, check my insurance position etc before I give a definite yes. Is that OK?
Many thanks,
Robert

Stuart - have considered options and and sorry to say that I do not feel I can proceed with this type of project for a few months until I have more dosh as it will be quite expensive to do the job properly (at least £2k to rebuild engine and fit it, together with other desirable modifications to the R4GTL to ensure a long and reliable engine life, but thank you for the chance to consider it. Robert

Back