Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 7 cwt pick up

MeFeinMcCabe

Enthusiast
I've always fancied one of these but have never actually seen one. I take it they are as rare as rockin horse do.

Does anyone have one or ever owned one

• r47cwt.jpg
    r47cwt.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,127
think andrews is f6 which is different body shape at back
i missed out on one last year which had been sitting on farm local to me but had already been loaded with digger onto scrap truck when i was offered it :eek:
cant find the thread at mo as spopsed to be getting ready to go out

your right,mine is a F6.

F4 ones must be none exsistent now...

Never heard of an F4 pick up! Could it be a conversion for the UK only?

pick-up

There were two types of pick-up, three or four if you include the Sinpar conversions. The original pick-up, F4 based, was developed for the UK market, however Sinpar got hold of a few and did a 4X4 conversion on them. The F6 derivative has a Rodeo 1 rear end, which is why it is square. If you look on youtube 'Journey to the end of the world',there is a long video of a trip by three Argentiniasn R4's down into Patagonia, one of which is an F6 derived pick-up. I find it not as nearly as attractive as the F4 derivative. I have at the moment a French F4, wich I am contemplating converting to the pick-up. It shouldn't be too difficult, but I would love to have a look at an original. There was an F6 pick-up for sale in France last September, going for 1800 euros, but he'd sold it by the time I'd discovered the advert. I love them too, and I can remember one, again in renault blue, used locally to me in Colchester from about 1982 to 1984 by a motorcycle dealership. I'll keep an eye on the french sites for any more, or if you're really desperate see how I get on with the conversion.

Tim

Back