Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault Rodeo.

reo24

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,
Seems that my involvement with Renault 4s is becoming addictive!
I have been looking at Renault Rodeos with a view to summer use but apart from being based on the 4 I know virtually nothing about them. For instance how much of a 4 is common to both & which of the 3 Rodeo models is best?
Any advice gratefully received!
Many thanks.
PS, The 4TL I am selling leaves for the UK at the end of next week.

Rodeo

Apart from the fiber glass body and a few specific parts like bumpers, a Rodeo is a Renault 4 F4, a 6 or a 5. It is a matter of taste, but I prefer the original, the ACL Rodeo 4, launched in 1971. I own a 1973 4x4 version by Sinpar w/ 4 seats. Great little car that will go anywhere. I use it at my place in Dordogne.
1-77.jpg

Rodeo

I agree that the ACL type is the "best" looking (non is exactly pretty) and incredibly practical. I use one in the vineyard and for carrying building materials - ladders you just put the screen flat! As pointed out above, they are virtually the same as 4Ls but the corrosion can be hideous because the plastic hides the floorpan and in order to do any welding you need to take the body off. Consequently there seems to be a lot of filler hiding horrors ! Buy one they're fun ! Good luck, Simon

Back