Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Replacement Headlights

bigoldboy

Enthusiast
I have recently bought a 1972 left hand drive Renault 4tl and need several parts to get it through the road test so I can drive it . We are retired Brits living in Southern Spain Malaga region and finding it a little difficult finding parts . Right now I need a pair of head lights because the reflectors have corrosion inside . The original lights don't have a side light built in and are not sealed beam . Can anyone help Please . IMG_20190810_112241523.jpg

Plenty of new old stock and secondhand ones on French ebay, but beware of new ones the quality is very poor...
Thanks for that but I noticed some of the headlights that are advertised look corroded and worse condition than mine . Other than that there doesn't seem to be very many clearly advertised . The glass part is 153mm / 6ins in diameter which is what I need . The complete headlight is to fit in a 170mm / 6.75ins hole .

• lense.jpg
    lense.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 1
  • lense 3.jpg
    lense 3.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1
  • lense 2.jpg
    lense 2.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 1
It looks as though you need to replace the headlight and the metal housing that the headlight itself sits in. If you do a search on Spanish eBay for 'faro Renault 4 r4 4l', you'll find a few headlights for sale from Spain and Italy - some with the metal surround. Otherwise, keep an eye on the small ads sites like milanuncios - you're bound to find some on there.

Forgot to mention that you can get new headlights and many other R4 parts on piezasautosclasicos.com - not sure about the quality of these lights, but at least they'll get you back on the road.

Forgot to mention that you can get new headlights and many other R4 parts on piezasautosclasicos.com - not sure about the quality of these lights, but at least they'll get you back on the road.
Thanks for that Andy . It's been a bit of a nightmare finding parts for this old car but my wife and I are still keen to get it back on the road . Both my parents had one and also my wives parents so it's a bit of a labour of love .

Back