Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Retro Cars Show

bobpike

R4 rodder
Hi,
Just a short note to let fans of modified cars know that my Renault 4, ( the lowered pale blue one) has been photographed by Retro Cars magazine for a feature at some point.
I have also been invited to show the car on their stand at the Retro Cars show at Santa Pod tomorrow so if any R4 fans go it would be nice to meet you.
Cheers, Bob.

It would have been good to go up - a friend was planning to take his car along (did you spot a black XJS with green stripe on one of the other magazine stands?) But 7 day a week working right now... The Retro Car show two years ago was a very good event.

Did you get a chance to drive? Love to know what your figures were.

Hi, I saw a dark coloured XJS so it may have been the one. I wasn't brave enough to race for fear of breaking something but I wished I'd had a go as soon as I got home. Must try next year.
The car got a lot of interest on the Retro Cars stand, so with that and the magazine feature at some point, soon everyone will want one!
Bob.

If you can make it to Santa Pod on 3rd September there's a chance to race with some other Renault 4s. I think we're up to about 4 so far, and there should be a dozen 2CVs there too.

Back