Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Right and left suspension arms wanted

Bajababy

Enthusiast
Wanted...Right and left suspension arms...

Hello all in R4 land. Bernard, my R4, 1984 GTL, is in need of some parts and I wondered if anyone here has these parts for sale or can point me in the right direction..

Right and left rear suspension arms
Right and left rear suspension mounts
Front exhaust pipe
Front exhaust mounting

I work all over the country so collection would pose no problems. Thanks for reading.

Tone.

Try Renault for the front pipe and mounting or a good motor factor. Also do a search as there was a lot of discussion recently about availability of GTL exhausts. I have a feeling that Renault still supply them.

It's unusual to need new suspension arms. What suspension mounts do you mean?

If yours in in pieces then maybe a good secondhand complete rear axle may be your answer.

Cheers Steve. I'm looking around for the exhuast parts as you suggested. I'm even considering a stainlss steel one. I was curious about the suspension arms. The previous MOT stated that the rear suspension mounts were excesively rusted but nothing about the arms. This is a different garage and the mechanic gave me a list of items that I needed, both rear suspension arms needed replacing, so he said. I'll speak with him tomorrow.

Would you know of anyone who works on R4's in the south of England? It might be the best way to go with it.

Thanks again, Steve.
Tone.

Ok - your R4 should have the cast steel suspension arms and they will last forever. In the unlikely event that you have the pressed steel arms, they do rust and my previous advice about getting a complete axle stands.
I reckon that the MOT tester was referring to rust in the chassis where the suspension bolts on. Do a search on this site as there are photos and loads of discussion about the chassis on our cars.

You should be able to find a company that will make you a stainless exhaust by searching the internet.

Your nearest R4 repairer and expert is Derek from Renospeed (Google this) and he is in London.

Best of luck

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll pass it onto the mechanic. I'll also check out Renospeed too. I'm only 70 miles from London.

Thanks for your time. This site rocks!!

Tone

Back