Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rubber window seals needed for a 1973 Renault 4

newonda1

Enthusiast
I have a Renault 4 that I'm trying to restore in Laos. So, as you can imagine, it is even harder than usual to find parts here. Can anyone help me in locating some window seals? :? I need to replace the seals around all four door windows as rain is pouring in now.

Thanks!

Sorry, can't help, but as a matter of interest have you got plastic or metal window frames? My brother used to have a 1978 TL with completely rotten and leaky metal window frames (I've never seen metal ones that weren't rusty) and rather than trying to repair them we just fitted plastic ones from a later car. Not original if the car is earlier than c.1982, but maybe an easier temporary fix than replacing the seals?

Laos...Man, you must be a hero! If you need the actual window seals, where the windows "slide", I can help you, I have window "channels" by the meter. But if you need the window frames, I am sorry, even here in sunny Greece most of them are rotten, when we find some good ones, they go straight to our cars... By the way, '73 model year has metal frames.

I would love some channels

Hey Angel, I'd love to get some channels from you. That is exactly the part that I am looking for. How should I go about getting in touch wih you about pricing and such?

I don't know about being a hero but the ole Renault is coming along slowly but surely!

Back