Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

She puts a smile on people's faces.

Paul Narramore

pre-moderated
IMG_8766.JPG Whenever my adult son sees my R4GTL he says "Dad, when are you going to get rid of that really ugly car?" And sadly he's not there when I see lots and lots of people's faces break out into smiles. Sometimes I hear them say "I used to own one of those" or "My dad used to own one of those". Ugly? Well she's a simple two-box shape, a simple layout and a bit like a baby Land Rover and, to my mind, not ugly at all. My dear wife keeps comparing the car to our 2CV of which we've owned five, saying she lacks character but I hope next week's European trip will convince her that whilst both models are enjoyable, that Renee will do us proud.

Your son clearly wants it. He means, "When are you going to give it to me?". Tell him it's not for sale!

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Hi Paul, the only negative comments I get are from ancient motor mechanics who remember the 4 in the day. The word rust comes up. I haven't a clue what they are talking about:laughing: Everybody else seems to have very fond memories of these brilliant little cars in their childhood or student days, and a few hanker after reliving those times.
Safe journey to you and Mrs Narramore, and I'll catch up with you in Thenay.

Regards Brian.

I have a gorgeous 70's 2CV, a Mk 1 R5 and Mildred the Renault 4. Mildred gets by far the most attention and affectionate comments wherever we go.

R4's are very special cars. Hopefully your wife and son will come to realise that soon!

Back