Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Sound bodyshell for sale

Harvey

I have a really sound bodyshell from an originally French registered R4. I bought it because I needed an engine in a hurry as ours blew up and this car became available with a good one. Arguably, it was too good to break, but I did, and need to shift the shell. there is a hole in the side of the sill right at the front, behind the flitch panel on the right hand side. It isn't big and does not go into the floor. The left rear chassis rail where the torsion bar brackets mount has blistering where the double skin is lifting but is not holed. It does need repairing but from experience of repairs to our own car I'm confident it will only be the outer skin so the important location holes will not be lost. Other than that, it's fantastically sound and has not been welded. If only I had found this one before our's I could have saved hundreds of hours of welding. The floors, sills, chassis, suspension mountings, window apertures etc are all good apart from where mentioned. Having spent the past 26 years proffesionally restoring Alfa Romeos, I know exactly what rusty panels look like! If you are about to embark on the restoration of a rough one you will save hours and hours or thousands of pounds if you are paying someone like me to do it. It has its doors and tailgate that are largely sound, a few bits to do and some dents and scrapes. The bonnet is similar although the box section at the bottom has rotted and will need repairing. The wings are a bit battered, being so cheap I'd put new fronts on, the inner wings are fine. I think it would be a shame to break the original factory seal on the the rears and they would staighten up easily. Reading back through this, I'm probably painting a pour picture of how good this is, suffice to say, if you've got an Alfa sprint GT shell in the same condition, I want it! Roger 01760 756229

Out of curiosity what state is it in, Is it 100% present and complete except the engine?
(Also would it come with a gearbox?) Half tempted to do an electric conversion !

Its a bare body/chassis with panels attached. Still has roof lining and odds and sods but not much. Regards.

Arh I see - not much use for what I was thinking.

But I can see why It would be great for someone wanting to restore one !

I would like to see this car- maybe you know the year issue and please tell me, how much you are looking for?
My R4 is with really poor body work- would be great if I can buy shell and swap some body panels.

Back