Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

spares

swannieg

Enthusiast
Hi,
I just bought a renualt 4, how can i determent what year it is and where do you get spares for it.
i'm from South-Afrika and i need spares localy.
thanks for the help in advance.
regards,
Gerrie Swanepoel.

Welcome - do you have any paperwork? Under the bonnet is aluminium oval plate - give us the details. A photo would be good of the car and the engine. Also give us the engine number.

I will hazard a guess and say it's a 1970's TL 845cc. Unless you have any local Renault agents in SA, spares may be a problem unless you order them order the internet - links on this web site. Members of the forum may also be able to help.

Steve,
I think it must be more or less 1968, it has a four speed transmission with a enclosed trunk and moulded plastic dashbord.
Gerrie.

Definitely approx 1974 wth an 845cc engine and 4 speed gearbox. The radiator grill will be an oval shape in aluminium and the headlamps will be enclosed within the grill. Earlier models will have a smaller grill and the headlights will be set either side.

Can I suggest that you explore this forum as there are lots of photos and information you may find useful.

Steve

This chassis number is from the diamond shaped plate. I guess it to be earlier than '74, around 1968-69. If you give us the numbers on the oval plate (next to the diamond), I can tell you for sure.
By the way, welcome!

Thanks Angel,
there is only one more plate on the firewall quots "seatbelt anchorage points to BS AU 48-1965".I manage to get a car road test from a car magazine, CAR may 1968 for the renault four de luxe.
it looks identical with the same specifications.
regards,
Gerrie.

Back