Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

speedo cable removing gearbox end

BB d

Enthusiast
Hello - I've fully removed the retaining bolt/screw but still can't get the cable out.. is there a trick I'm missing?
many thanks, b

There is a groove in the part that sticks out of the gearbox. If you put a flat screwdriver in it you can gently lever it out of the gearbox. If you ar done being gentle take a Force Grip and grip on to the end and jank it out by force and hope the drive bit doesn’t come of.

There is a groove in the part that sticks out of the gearbox. If you put a flat screwdriver in it you can gently lever it out of the gearbox. If you ar done being gentle take a Force Grip and grip on to the end and jank it out by force and hope the drive bit doesn’t come of.
Grazzi, Grazzi
I will try the groove, .. .. if that fails the grip of force!

hmmm, it's still in there. will be more robust on Monday..

Have you undone the bolt and locking nut that hold the cable?

Hi!

There is a small locking nut on the bolt. See number 17 & 18 on the parts drawing below. Once you removed the bolt you should pull out the cable easily. Maybe due to time and age it could be a little stuck in place?
Gearbox drawing

Hi!

There is a small locking nut on the bolt. See number 17 & 18 on the parts drawing below. Once you removed the bolt you should pull out the cable easily. Maybe due to time and age it could be a little stuck in place?
Gearbox drawing
thank you very helpful

I usually use mole grips on metal part of cable and twist and pull
worth using lubricant/release agent too

wiggle. grunt. heave ho, jam. jab. scratch push .. speedo glory - for 2 whole days. fuel pump has gone hmmm but thanks to you all - speedometer is working great (cable replaced only).

Back