Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

speedo conversion from kph to mph

Mikey

Enthusiast
Mikey here, just arrived back from spain with my R4, i have done the headlamp conversion and fitted a rear fog light... Does anybody out there know how to solve the kph to mph speedo problem, can i buy a mph speedo? or is there an overlay? or can i legally use a digital gps? All suggestions welcome...
Muchas Gracias

If all else fails I have a spare MPH speedo unit.
Problem is I am in Spain until November so someone may be able to help you sooner.
Gary

speedo

Hiya Gary,
There is no rush on the speedo as i have to return to spain to do the baja for the r4 in Dec... How much do you want for the speedo?
Mikey

If I find it when I return it will not cost you much.
I have seen a couple of 4s here which are resto projects I have not yet investigated the baja status.
Is it possible to reserect a baja to road going here? Gary

If the car has all its paperwork you have 3 choices; 1, if you tell traffico you want to do the baja they will tell you that you will have to put the car on green temp plates which only last 60 days,not giving you much time to sort out anything this end... 2, you can by law keep your car in another country up to a max of 6 months, i've done this cos it buys me more time in the u.k, less cost with traffico, but you will have to go back to Spain to do the baja with traffico and the baja with your local ajuntamento 'council offices' also if it has had its tax paid you should get a refund from the ajuntamento...
3rd option, You can always do the baja telling traffico the car is already in another country but you will have to chance it whilst driving the car back thru Spain cos officially it no longer exists in Spain. Also check with your ins company that your car will be recognized in the u.k with Spanish ins, i am insured with Liberty Seguros and there ins i recognized in the u.k..
I think thats all? If this does'nt make any sense call me on my Spanish mobile 690757680... Cheers Mikey

iv found abox of various new old stock r4 speedos depending on year i must have i that fits all low mileage too

Back