Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Steve's R4 Lives Again!

puddlefluff

Enthusiast
hi steve

car has come out of hibernation and is looking good! going on holiday to thailand for 3 weeks but car is booked in for mot on my return! all set serviced and ready to rock and roll. my only concern is the nsf headlight has some corrosion on the reflector. what are my options,new,used or repair? i think there is a set in the spare you gave me? but i have not had time to root through as they live in a lock up 5 miles away!

new computer too!

steve

Hello Steve,

So glad to hear that 'my' 4 will soon be used again. The corrosion in the headlight is not bad enough to fail unless the MOT Tester hates R4's!! There were no headlights in the spares I gave to you but if you get stuck and it does fail, I have a new headlight here.

Glad to hear that you have a new computer too - 2011 is looking up for you!!

Steve

well...it passed! i love my mot guy. needs a lower ball joint, some inner wing corrosion issues, he advised on the light too but hay hoo! got a couple of shows lined up, macclesfield and tatton park at the end of the month-gonna be great!

Really pleased to hear this and hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I did during my ownership. The inner rear wing corrosion is not an MOT failure point but I do have the correct new panels for this if you need any.

all advisories- the ball joint would have failed. gonna have a look this weekend when i sort the ball joint out. keep the panels and spare light handy, i will have them off you! let me know how much!
roy drove it back from the mot and he was smitten ( never thought i would hear him say so!!!!)

Ah, well I hope he paid you for the pleasure of driving it back from the MOT!!;)

Sent you an email to your hotmail account.

Back