Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Swapping doors

Firstandbest

Enthusiast
Hi

I recently bought the four doors, bonnet and tailgate from 'Paul and Pat' in Normandy . Felt really pleased when the bonnet and tail fitted perfectly. I tried one rear door , The shape is perfect but, (I'm only guessing), the top of the door appears to meet the door frame slighly before the bottom half. I spent ages trying to adjuet the hinge positions.

Has anyone experienced this - Is there likely to be variation between the same model and year?

Maddening because Paul's doors are in amazing condition ...and mine aren't.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
Have fitted doors on other side - no problem , Will have second attempt tomorrow.

Thread closed,

Thanks

I looked at that first sentence and thought, "well of course the won't fit properly if you're trying to fit them on the wrong sides ;)

:)Thanks

I'll think of that as I try and fit the offending door tonight!

Bought a mallet at lunchtime!

No- Blue! Millie nowlooks like an old Panda Police Car .... really retro!

Maybe that's why they don't fit!

Anyone - old Polar White doors, bonnet and tailgate are going begging - not beyond repair but need some TLC (1986 GTL). Please PM if interested. All FREE, Collection Bromley, Kent

If no takers I'll keep the glass, handles and plastic trim, then dump.

Cheers

You could try making the door equal gap top and bottom and then adjust the striker plate in to bring the hole door in.

If when the door is fitted at the bottom you can see daylight through
the top(not a big gap) we use to put our knee against the inner door handle hole and bend the top of the door frame in.
I use to do this on P.D.I to stop wind noise on new cars,Don't do to much because you can crack the paint on the out side.

Thanks

My mission tonight ! Two doors on the opposite side were perfect - here goes!

Thanks Spock

You gave me the confidence! I removed rear door window, gently bent frame, and put window back.

Perfect!

Thanks again!

Mark

Back