Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thank you for your help!

renaultlove

Enthusiast
Hi Clementine - I actually got to meet you/the Cat in person today and you look just as groovy as your picture!! Thank you for helping me with my light problems - most illuminating.... Got the other problems sorted, indicator and horn and the R4 is now overnighting at the MOT garage as they could not fit me in today. So tomorrow's the big day when I learn the truth PLEASE GOD NO MORE MOTS!!!! I will let you know the outcome........

It was good to meet you - as far as I'm aware we are the only R4 owners in Bedford (although strictly speaking I'm not really in Bedford).

Good luck with the MOT.

MOT PASS YIPPEEEEEEEE

Hi Clementine - Got my gorgeous little R4 back and it PASSED! They did say however that the left dipped headlight is not quite right - but that they would give me the benefit of the doubt and I could sort this out. This might be due to the fact that I put the wrong bulb in....... as on the way back I stopped at Billy's Car Spares shop on Tavistock Street and took in the original round bulb and said 'Can I have 2 of these please'. He said they dont make bulbs like that anymore and proceeded to sell me the long version of these at £4.00 each. I put one of these in the left hand side headlight (left notch!!) and proceeded to Castle Hill to have the indicator and horn done. This then turned into another saga as he said he had to order a new part (he said the one you kindly gave me did not work!!!!) and 3 hours later and a further £10.00 it was all done. Then it was on to the MOT Centre..... The guy there said that I had not got the right bulb in and that u could still get the round ones!!!! So I am determined to get them then trek back to that 'BILLYS' and demand my money back.... A woman walks in and they immediately turn into ........ I really cant understand why some people have to be so dishonest AAAAAAH! [/img] :cry: :cry: BUT I AM ECSTATIC TO HAVE MY R4 :)

Take the bits back and they should give you the money back! If you have problems tell them Clementine will set the Frog on them! :frederic: Take a bible along and do the whole plauge of frogs thing on them - that always works. Parts suppliers can never be bothered to deal with nutters!

It is possible the flasher unit I gave you doesn't work - never trust a stuffed cat! :D I've half a feeling it may have come with my own car together with a whole load of indicator related parts suggesting that someone had a problem in the past. Oops. Sounds like the new one the Castle Motors guy ordered worked so that's a relief.

As an aside - the long bulbs (with a nipple on the end?) are probably halogen - they are brighter than the round bulbs. They should have exactly the same big circular base on them. So long as they fill the big hole neatly and align with the slot we made they should be OK.

It's good to hear you have the MOT. Next years MOT will be far less painful as you have a rust free car that's now been fully adjusted for the UK.

Lamps with circular base are produced in either normal type (round) or halogen. But later cars and this means some German spec R4s too, have H4 sockets (that accept only halogen bulbs),that is,the type with the three tabs on the socket.

Back