Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Time for a new exhaust

Sage103

Gordon
Spent a little time at the weekend moving my front numberplate and swapping over to a better set of wheels and tyres. I think that it looks more of a piece with the numberplate moved above the bumper. In the process I noticed that 50% of the exhaust is past its best - so I‘m looking for recommendations for an exhaust supplier. There are a few listings on eBay but it would be good, I reckon, to be able to collect and avoid the postage costs.

21544AC0-02C4-4223-AF22-E04DE23F7773.jpeg 0F77E865-B438-46D7-AFF2-65665CB8AB93.jpeg

Tried searching on the net but couldn’t find anywhere that had all the parts I needed, apart from Amazon which I usually manage to avoid for any purchases. And although I’ve only put 2,000 miles on the car since getting it back on the road, 7 years have elapsed since I last bought similar parts during the restoration (except for the back box which came with the car).

In ordered my complete system from der franzose, arrived well packed and fitted with ease

It's worth buying the two intermediate pipes from the same supplier. They all connect to the pipe that goes to the inner wing and the silencer is always much the same. Mixing the two intermediate pipes between different suppliers is a bad plan as they all seem to take their own route.

It's worth buying the two intermediate pipes from the same supplier. They all connect to the pipe that goes to the inner wing and the silencer is always much the same. Mixing the two intermediate pipes between different suppliers is a bad plan as they all seem to take their own route.
Thanks for that, Malcolm. I’m not replacing the pipe that attaches to the manifold (fortunately as it will probably need new studs when the time comes), but after that it’s going to be Imasaf, Bosal and Bosal. Angle grinder and hammer will be on standby……….

Thanks for that, Malcolm. I’m not replacing the pipe that attaches to the manifold (fortunately as it will probably need new studs when the time comes), but after that it’s going to be Imasaf, Bosal and Bosal. Angle grinder and hammer will be on standby……….
helo Malcolm. do you know how i can tell whether my car is an '83 or '84. The exhaust system needs replacing_kind thanks

I got fed up waiting for Amazon to ship my exhaust parts and cancelled my order. I’m going to patch and repair if necessary over the summer and autumn months until the next MOT. Checked Franzose and available there but €60 for postage!

Back