Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Towbar

iMacThere4iAm

Tom Long
Hi, I guess it's a bit late as a lot of you will be setting off real soon, but I have a towbar with ball for sale which will be coming to Thenay with me (currently bolted onto Felicia's chassis!)

I'm looking for about £20 for it - it's of sturdy construction and in good condition as you can see in the photos, but doesn't include electrical hookups.

:?: Also I have a question - It seems to partly support the rear bumper, as if it replaced an original bracket there. Where can I get one of those brackets (which I will need if I sell the towbar!)

• _MG_8632-_MG_8647.jpg
    _MG_8632-_MG_8647.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 158
  • _MG_8666.jpg
    _MG_8666.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 152
  • _MG_8673.jpg
    _MG_8673.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 162
Maybe someone has some second-hand ones but if you get stuck I have a brand new Renault bumper mounting kit available. It will be cheaper though to leave the towbar fitted!!

Lol and if you do manage to find one cheaply to enable you to take it off, I'll buy it off you please..

Hiya, I may have a solution for you. I need a towbar and will be in France (not too far from you, Poitier area) in late August if you are going to be there then? I will remove the towbar for free and fit the bumper bracket that you need. Any good to you? Cheers, Steve.

The trouble with changing over the towbar for the overriders, is being able to find some overriders that haven't seized up and had the bolts snapped off and are starting to distort from the corrosion underneath the rubber!

That's about £22 each. Not that bad I suppose. Just checked and I have a new genuine set here for £60. They are actually handed 2x left and 2 x right.

Sorry chaps, I sold the towbar at Thenay. And I spent the money on a pair of brackets, two thirds of a front crossmember and a shiny Renault badge for my boot lid :)

I'm not too bothered about not having overriders - I just put plain bolts through instead. I've already sheared off my front ones exactly as Pepper described!

Back