Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Trim clips

ggcton

Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me what clips are used to fit the 70s style front grill and does anyone have any spare?
Gary
Are they the spring clip type or nut and bolt?

Here are some pics of the clips for the middle section of the grille which use the same holes as the GTL.

The are two tabs at each edge of the grille that pass through slots in the bonnet. Fixings for those are large curved spring clips with a slit for the tab. I've misplaced mine momentarily. Many GTL owners just bend the tabs over.

Sorry - I have no spares of either. For the ones in the photo a thick square piece of aluminium with a hole tapped in it and glued to the grille might work as a replacement.

• clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 169
  • clip2.jpg
    clip2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 174
  • clip3.jpg
    clip3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 170
Thanks Malcolm I have never seen that type before I wonder if the earlier 4Cv type spring clips will work.I have some somewhere I will have a look as the 4cv ones are readily available.
Gary

What Malcolm describes has worked admirably well on my grey '71. Screws to be used are M6 size.

Malcolm could you measure the size of these clips for me please I am in Spain at present and have seen some clips advetised that may do the job.
Met up with Cuarto L he has a very nice Spanish R4L used as a daily driver underneath looks like new.Thanks Gary

I'm going to make up a set for the grill I picked up from Malcolms BBQ, (when I get the time) I was just going to make mine out of mild steel with bolts welded to them then painted up.

clips

I now have about seven sets if original clips .If any one in need £1 per clip plus postage Gary

I now have a supply of these clips Renault NOS
If anyone needs some I can supply a set for £5.
Gary

Back