Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

...Unbelieveable but true...

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..Do you all remember this pic of a german (?) with his R4 and his trailor jam packed with insulation - well on my recent trip to Bayonne I spotted the french method - Either the frenchman has a smaller house or he sensibly doesnt want to get rockwool all over the interior of his car!! I also spotted the new way of taking your car on your hols with you!!

Sadly I had a bit of bother with the turbo on my R4 while on tour - it blew up at a most inopportune moment - half way between Gringots Bank and The Land of the Rising Sun...or was it the turbo on my SAAB? If it was, you will be able to see that I was on top of the world, looking down on creation the day before - Mount Gorramakil - 1000m (The Carpenters - 1978?)

..and finally the good news, I have decided on weighing anchor here in time to get back for the Slow Club day on the 2nd Sept - Who is going and is there going to be a BBQ and knees up in 'Paradise - Bedfordshire style' the night before Clementine?

• CIMG2677 1.jpg
    CIMG2677 1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 87
  • CIMG0205 1.jpg
    CIMG0205 1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 85
  • CIMG2628 1.jpg
    CIMG2628 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
Is driving up Mount Gorramakil the only explanation you can find for blowing the turbo? (Sorry for the weak continuation of the Carpenters song - the lyrics don't offer much help.)

I think I've half finished the work I've been doing for the last 19 weeks that should have finished at the start of June when the money ran out but didn't. So now I might have a bit of time to start organising the SlowCar thing. It's a drag racing thing where you drive in a straight line as fast as you can (like you normally do) and see who is the fastest (or maybe the slowest - the rules aren't that clear).

It's definately 2nd September and I'll be there. We'll have a big party the night before with bonfire and BBQ, and have loads of space for camping. Everyone from the forum is invited, and so far Robert, me (nee Clementine), Bluebell, KangarooKris and now Ian are on the definates list.

Who else?

Are we going to do that thing where we sacrifice on the bonfire any R4 that we can't decide is blue or green! Look out for Ermintrude and Uncle Claude too.

..Wow thats alright then..

...cause mine is definitely bluebrown and wont therefore be sacrificed I hope?

• Renault4Closer r4 club 2.jpg
    Renault4Closer r4 club 2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9314.JPG
    IMG_9314.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 84
Back