Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

wanted 2 rear panels for a r4 tl.

nicky4tl

Enthusiast
Hi,
Im in need of a pair of rear lower panels for my red tl. Can anyone recommend a source? Im in ireland.
thanks
nicky

oh em! the panels that the back wheels sit behind i guess. one has the hole for the petrol cap in it. Its a 1983 renault 4 tl. I reckoned renault would be expensive and was wondering if i could get a not too tatty pair of second hand or spurious parts?

If it's the rear wings, Renault can supply them. They were quoting a silly amount last year (£100 plus) but I've seen Whitehouse advertise them for about £25 since then.

There are still aftermarket ones around for about £15. Try your local motor factor, paint shop, or whoever sells body panels over there.

cool. rear wings it is. Ill try renault again. No luck with any parts shops here and too expensive from renault when i last checked.
thanks

Hadrian panels still supply them. Google Hadrian and get the part numbers. There is a dealer in County Killeny - worth a try!!

Steve

Hi Nicky, I'm sure "Liam for spares" will have a couple of second hand wings rather than you pay through the nose for them. Can't think of his email at the moment but if you look at some of the recent posts you'll find him or alternatively I'm sure Clementine can supply contact details.

great. thanks for that steve, I ordered the hadrian parts from a northern ireland stockist for 8 pounds each plus vat. the kilkenny guys seem to have vanished.

Great news Nicky - glad to be of help. You may notice that when you get them there are no captive nuts for the rear lights, but you won't have any problems fitting them.

Steve

Back