Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

WANTED BODY PARTS(for my rear-ended 4)!

andymissen

LobeHole 58
In the beautiful Soar Valley Loughborough
We have had our lovely little car rear-ended by a volvo and need a tailgate,rear bumper and bonnet before we can get the work done,i can travel to collect and would be grateful for any input,cheers Andy.07739 212326.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. You need to go either go through the Volvo's insurance or come to a private arrangement with the driver. Don't be fobbed off with £100 etc. Get a quote from a good bodyshop. The parts should still be available new from Renault so a bodyshop would have no problems getting the parts. If you go through the driver's insurance, they may fob you off with an offer. Again, the quote from the bodyshop will give you some bargaining power.

Why do you need a bonnet if it was rear ended?

Good luck

Most of the UK tailgates seems to have rusted in the bottom flange now. Renault is the easiest source, otherwise Warney in Belgium do repair sections if you decide to take on a rusty UK one (I can help with rusty tailgates).

Bumper the same - I think they are quite cheap from Renault. I'm short of ones that aren't badly bent.

While you are at it, UK bonnets seem either badly dented or rusty around the hinges. Last decent used one I bought was an import from France. Fairly sure Renault still do the bonnet.

Andy

Recently e-mailed you with a list of contacts etc as per our phone conversation,

please let me know if you received this,
regards,
Andy S

Back