Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted : F6 van rear door and rear bumper

Lobster

Enthusiast
Happy New Year everyone!

I need to find either a new or good condition used rear door for my F6 and rear bumper (centre section and end pieces preferably).

Theres no massive rush to find one as mine isn't getting any worse but I'd like to get it replaced at some point this year.

Obviously if its located in UK that would be great but I'll quite happily collect / arrange courier from France if that needs to be done.

Very very grateful for any help!!

Hi.

You will have a problem getting a french door to fit, as the hinges and door handles are reversed. It means de-welding the hinges, either on your van, or on the new door. In theory they are reversible, but it will require a little work. Best of luck with the rest of the restoration, and look forwards to seeing it back on the road.

Cheers Tim

i had similar thoughts when you mentioned it b4 on autosh*te a while ago
f4 definitly wrong way but not sure on f6 best check photo galleries of french vans
paul

Just been to have a look - on a french F6 the rear door hinges are on the same side as the driver - passenger side for a RHD van.
Hope that makes sense and is helpful.
Can take a photo to confirm if you like.:)

Hi Guys I'm wrong. After looking at Matt's superb van, its clear that the F6 van door will fit. Obviously they only made the F6 van door with hinges on one side, its the F4 door that was designed to be hung either way.

To prove it - heres mine >

RRG043.jpg

and heres one in La Belle France :D

arrsponsor.jpg

Thanks for the help, just need to find one now !!

It's still on the road btw, or at least it's up and running and legal. Its actually nice and dry in the garage at the moment. The existing door isn't too bad - bit crusty at the bottom and behind reg.plate but nothing horrendous and not really getting worse. It's just that I'd like to get it 100% right.

Back