Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

wanted, towbar assembly to fit 1985 R4GTL

Hi Dave

sorry I didn't spot your post sooner. I've got a towbar on my 86 GTL. Don't want to sell it but I could send you photos and dimensions and I imagine you could get one made easily enough

Neil

WANTED TOW BAR

Just to say that I'm still looking......if there is anybody who can help please let me know
"Silverarthur" don't bother contacting me again unless you genuinely can help!

I'm guessing you've tried phoning up the towbar people in Yellow Pages? A friend of mine keeps having custom towbars made for his cars and they seem surprisingly inexpensive.

It's annoying. I had one on my van, but I sold the van for £25 in 2001.

Other options would be to talk to Liam (Posts as Liam4renault4spares on the forum). I'm sure he must have saved a towbar from one of his wrecks.

Otherwise, buy some 2 inch square steel tube and get someone to weld it together. Mine had the side members bolted to the rear bumper mountings on the chassis and a single tube across the back of the car with the tow hitch in the centre.

towbar

Thanks for that,
I have been pestering liam for ages and he's still on the lookout.
I think that I will probably go with your suggestion, I was more concerned to get one made that was nice and neat as I've seen some horrors made by DIY'ers.
Its a pity really as "silverarthur" has contacted me twice to say he has one that he will send..All i want to know is how much he wants for it. I was happy to pay a good price but he never replies. C'est la vie!

Hi Dave,
i am still on the lookout for you but no luck.I saw loads of R4s in France with towbars fitted so if you are out that way take some spanners .
I was going to contact you as i have another GTL that i am breaking just in case you need anything ?everything is available apart from a towbars.

Back