Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Went to look at another Renault 4 today

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
Well we went and had a look at another french Renault 4 this morning, it had been brought over buy a french stone mason who's business seems to have had problems and then he had left all his tools and this car behind, the owner of the yard has waited for over 12 months and is now clearing and selling the bits and pieces off to get some of his money back.

The 4 is a 1983 Tl which has rust in both sides of the front floor pan easy to repair and the front wings could do with replacing. We've been told that it starts up and runs nicely but does not have the Carte Gris or any keys with it. So it will need a new set of barrels all round and the steering lock drilling out.

It has a cheesy tastic vinyl interior which is in good condition apart from one small tear. and has done 158.000KM, looking through Malcolms buying guide we reckon we could get it back on the road very easily, the rear suspension seems to be fair and with some welding and front wings would be ready to do someone a good turn again.

My friend and I are going to discuss how much to pay for it tomorrow, then speak to them on Tuesday and see if we can agree a deal.

Can the vendor legally seize somebody else's car like that?

Is the vinyl black?

Can the vendor legally seize somebody else's car like that?

Is the vinyl black?

Its all been done properly through the courts process.

Besides which he's sold it to the people we've been looking at it with today.

And yes the vinyls black also

We can just apply to register it in the UK with no worries.

Oh dear - signs of furryitus developing there. :eek:

Signs of furryitus?

Is it contagious? What precautions do we need to take?

I think Furryitus might be spreading via the forum. You pick up one Renault 4, then before you know it you can have as many as 8. Symptoms are hard to spot before it's too late, and the only effective treatment is to pick up another R4.

Quite a number of members have more than one R4.

Ahh I see, is it something along the lines of my push bikes?

With those the magic number seems to be N+1

N being the number of bikes you currently have!

If my good lady remarks about this I always refer her to the number of shoes she has!
She couldn't possibly have just one pair of shoes for all occasions could she?

That's exactly why, for us, one R4 for all occasions is never enough.

Ok well this will be the third i've got if I buy it, so I'm nearly half way there already.

Luckily this car is the same colour 355 as the smashed one I've got at the unit, so hopefully I'll be able to use a few more bits and pieces from that car to repair this one.

Back