Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

When I was a lad .....

pinkpenguindog

Enthusiast
When I was a lad, my dad had a 4 and I have fond (?) memories of travelling in it in 1968 from Mansfield to a holiday in Devon. Nothing unusual there apart from those tubular steel framed seats and, being the youngest of the three in the back having the pleasure of being in the middle.

Scarred for life I bought MRA 339P in 1978, a wonderful blue TL which took me everywhere. I parted with it two or three years later for a 12 TS.

Now, I want it back!

I've kept a weather eye on Clementine for some time and have enjoyed the humour as well as my own memories so when I spotted that nice red one on eBay yesterday my enthusiasm for the car has been rekindled.

I'm not mechanically minded (I should be - day-to-day getting about is in a Multipla) so I'm looking for a car that's sound and reliable for use on high days on holidays.

The big question is where can I find one?

PPD

My uncle used to run Renault 4s when I was a kitten. I used to think they were silly. Still do.

I've found all my latest Renault 4s on http://www.renault4.plus.com/classifieds/classifieds.htm

Most Renault 4s seem to turn up on E-bay these days. There are a couple of excellent looking ones there at the moment. The problem with E-bay is there is no fixed price, so you could go to view a car, bid on it, then be out-bid at the last minute. Only way round that is to bid up to your limit and hope the auction price doesn't get that high.

Mr Jelly mentioned that the Loughborough 2CV Centre might have a few for sale - might be handy for you.

Anyone know of another source of Renault 4s?

Back