Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Window runner replacement

bigoldboy

Enthusiast
Hi again . I have a 1972 R4s that has really shabby window runners and I can't decide how to start removing the runners so that I can change them .
I do have access to parts from a 1982 GTL so would it be wise to swop the frames and glass complete or leave my frames in place and try and find just the slide channel . Is there a video on you tube or anywhere else showing how to get the runner out because I don't want to start trying to get them out and then find it's not possible or parts can't be found easily .
Help please

You talking about the rubber strip inside? I do not know of a replacement but was gunna look at genertic replacements (which I used on my other classic)

The whole frame has to come out the door so you can pull out the windows which then gives access to the seals.

You talking about the rubber strip inside? I do not know of a replacement but was gunna look at genertic replacements (which I used on my other classic)

The whole frame has to come out the door so you can pull out the windows which then gives access to the seals.
Thanks but how does the frame come out ?

Back