Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

windscreen sun visor from the '70s

Ron from sa

Enthusiast
Hello All,
Just a curio - this is my first R4, a 1965 R1123 I used during my university years in the mid 1970's in Melbourne. Great car, l had lots of fun with it an in it. Took me anywhere, anytime. One of the extra bits that came with it was a purple perspex windshield sun visor which was shoved up against the rubber seal of the windscreen and held in place with two brackets that went through a couple of holes in the lower corners of the visor. The other end of these brackets clamped on to the roof gutter, just in front of the doors. Because the fit was so tight and flush the top edge of the visor had two flared out sections to allow the head wind to escape over the top of the roof. I've never seen anything like this since I sold that car. I am assuming it was an after-market extra, maybe even just here in Australia. [Note to Andy - this time it worked!]
My Blue R4.jpg

here's another one, slightly different with no openings at the top to let the wind through. The bottom edge is also missing the aluminium stiffener
plastic sunvisor.jpg
Ron

Back