Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Windscreen washer T piece?

MiloFrance

Enthusiast
Morning chaps and chapettes
I have my MoT appointment for next week! The only thing it's likely to fail badly on is the windscreen washers. We've tried two of these, neither working properly. Of course it could be the foot pump, but any suggestions to get it working in a very short space of time would be very much welcome, even down to converting its to electric pump!
Thank you in advance...

20210930_115511.jpg

Hi Milo-they are one-way valves are you sure they point the right way? also those footpumps can vary much in how efficient they are.
also the plastic tubes can be full of goo or flattened/kinked along the way..
Originality is all ok .but I'd go for one of those plastic-bag things with small el.pump attached -much more efficient -Reid.

Hi Milo-they are one-way valves are you sure they point the right way? also those footpumps can vary much in how efficient they are.
also the plastic tubes can be full of goo or flattened/kinked along the way..
Originality is all ok .but I'd go for one of those plastic-bag things with small el.pump attached -much more efficient -Reid.
Thanks Reid. The second one worked for about 2 pumps, then stopped, so it may be the 50 year old internals giving up. Any hints on which one to convert to?

Hi again Milo-have a look at this one (eBay # 251214734236)
- should also be easy to locate in any car-accessories shop. easy to hang on two "hooks" at firewall too -Reid.

If you clean the reservoir first and then you disconnect the hoses, you take a blow gun for your compressor and clean the hoses with air. Maybe then you get it working

Back