Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1984 R4 F4 Van

I was given an mgf for scrap last year and looked at keeping seats for R4 van but they were cream leather and decided not keep them after quickly checking runner widths black is s bit more practical

I was given an mgf for scrap last year and looked at keeping seats for R4 van but they were cream leather and decided not keep them after quickly checking runner widths black is s bit more practical
I agree the black is a better option and I like these all cloth seats

Added some side repeater lamps. Must say never had a wing 'wobble' when drilling a hole before. Something new!!DSC08934.JPG

Seats got welded to fixing frame yesterday. Some progress. Picture to follow.
After getting nowhere with the windscreen washer jet pushed onto checking electrics I had installed.
Keep getting a fuse blow on sidelights circuit. Check on that today.

First fix of seats in position . DSC08936.JPG

Also put some vinyl spray to change tan dash to black.

Decided to smarten up the end of the exhaust.
Whilst welder was there thickened up the end of pipe to take the chrome fixing I had sitting on the shelf from a previous project.
DSC08935.JPG

Having got to grips with the fusebox now, further wiring to be installed.

Need to investigate whether my 4 speed box had a reversing light connection.

On the left side of the gearbox you'll find the sensor. If it is there at all.

On the left side of the gearbox you'll find the sensor. If it is there at all.

There is no sensor but a blanking plug.
Der Franzose do a switch for this purpose. Art 85120.
Will check ebay as well.
Regards
Tom

Have added a pair of LED driving lamps to the front array of lights.
I have wired these to extinguish when the side lights are on.
Picture of front to follow in due course.

Due course is now here.
Slight adjustment to nearside lamp required to get it level.DSC08949.JPG

Latest addition. Just got wiring to sort out!!
Worse thing about having things sitting on the shelf in one's garage unused:doh:DSC08956.JPG

You can't just show "the after" picture. How is this connected to the engine. I was thinking of a rev counter, water temp and oil pressure for my GTL.

You can't just show "the after" picture. How is this connected to the engine. I was thinking of a rev counter, water temp and oil pressure for my GTL.
OK. Rev counter has total 5 wires. Black and red short and black, red and green much longer.
Taking longer ones first. Green goes to -ve on coil; red to ignition switch and black to earth. Shorter wires are for internal light to instrument. Red to lighting and black to earth

I am also thinking about electric oil pressure and water temp gauges. Also somewhere I remember having a 52mm clock. Not found it yet.
Need a month to clear out the garage and put things back again!!

OK. Rev counter has total 5 wires. Black and red short and black, red and green much longer.
Taking longer ones first. Green goes to -ve on coil; red to ignition switch and black to earth. Shorter wires are for internal light to instrument. Red to lighting and black to earth

So the rev counter takes its info from the -ve of the coil. Wonder how that works??

DSC_0264.JPG DSC_0265.JPG IMG_20150401_211635.JPG IMG_20150401_211546.JPG Yes green cable does indeed go to negative on coil, so I guess it just complets the circuit. I recently fitted some extra gauges and sockets. If you need some info about parts please let me know.

Interested to see how you did the take-off for the vacuum gauge. Direct tapping into the manifold?

Back