Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Meeting 2017

You are most welcome to come, even in another car! There's no need to book: just turn up on the day. We should be easy to find :)

I'm sorry that I can't offer you a lift as our car will be full. But I'm sure that someone will help you and your friend.

Hope to see you there!

You are most welcome to come, even in another car! There's no need to book: just turn up on the day. We should be easy to find :)

I'm sorry that I can't offer you a lift as our car will be full. But I'm sure that someone will help you and your friend.

Hope to see you there!
That's great! Thank you so much! To be honest, I don't really have any car at the moment so I'll have to use the public transport anyway.
What do I need to take with me? Will I need a tend?

Hi Giulietta, if you mean a tent, then no.

The event is just for one day, we rock up gather around, have a cup of tea, (or coffee if you prefer) and generally have a great little meet up.

I'm sure someone local would be able to pick you up, if not I'll gladly drop by and pick you up.

Hi All, have got my act together early this year and details for the meeting are as follows:

Date is Sunday 30th April 2017

Venue is Hole Park Gardens near Tenterden in Kent

Entry from 11am, but I may do a basic run if the mood takes me/ people are interested. If so I will post details nearer the time.

There should be bluebells!

http://www.holepark.com/

See you then!

Becky and Derek
Hi Becky & Derek

Id love to come this year. It does however clash with another event Ive said yes to so I will reserve that decision to nearer the time when I have an idea what the weather is doing.

Looks like a great venue and it would be marvellous to put some faces to the names on this here forum

Best wishes

Jonathan

Looks like a great venue and it would be marvellous to put some faces to the names on this here forum

Best wishes

Jonathan

Hope you can make it! Will be great to meet you and your car after having seen the fabulous work done on it :)

Cider? Well each to his own. Here I am in the Garden of England and I don't touch the stuff. I've never developed the taste for it, partly I guess because there was so much awful rubbish produced in the past masquerading as 'rough' cider. Substitute 'rough' for undrinkable. I'm sure todays is a bit better and every few years I make another effort but quickly give up. You see Kent has over thirty microbreweries and I've been a keen real ale drinker for forty years or more. Citra hops and malted barley over enamel-stripping apples for me every time.

Cider? Well each to his own. Here I am in the Garden of England and I don't touch the stuff. I've never developed the taste for it, partly I guess because there was so much awful rubbish produced in the past masquerading as 'rough' cider. Substitute 'rough' for undrinkable. I'm sure todays is a bit better and every few years I make another effort but quickly give up. You see Kent has over thirty microbreweries and I've been a keen real ale drinker for forty years or more. Citra hops and malted barley over enamel-stripping apples for me every time.

Try a decent bottle of Aspall's Suffolk Cider or any product from The Stowford Press and you might change your opinion... Cider has come on a lot recently and the image of a roughly produced gut-rot brewed in country garden sheds is long gone. Likewise the chemically enhanced products like Woodpecker and others have left our shelves resulting in a mush more palatable drink; refreshingly strong, chilled and eminently drinkable! DON'T pour it over ice but DO drink it well chilled. Excellent with all sorts of food, too!

Quote: "Cider, the distillation of the forbidden fruit of Paradise. It sends me into the realms of etherial delight and blows my mind..... Beer's a drag, mate-it makes me fart!" Fred Wedlock, Westcountry comedian.

Andrew, Some years ago I got to like 'Double Vision' cider brewed in Staplehurst by the infamous Kenny Cramp. It was a wonderful brew and tasted like a fine white wine. He unfortunately enjoyed his own products too much so the business was sold off, and moved to Boughton Monchelsea. The present day stuff is not a patch on the original, and after drinking a couple of quarts of the stuff a few years ago, my son refuses to ever try it again. I do recall drinking so-called Vintage cider in nip-sized bottles which was like sherry but I can't recall the makers. Anyway my taste buds just adore either real ale or red wine. Perhaps one day I might be converted to try cider again.

Its early this year :( I highly doute C303 will be ready for the road by then so i might have to reappear in another Saab (changed my old 900 for an earlier meaner 99)

Hi All, we will be started a fairly short run at M20 services off Junction 8 departing at 11am.We will aim to get there at 10am to give everybody a chance for a quick chat and refreshment. There is not as much room here as the usual start point so we may need to be creative. I am sorting out the route and trying to finda stopping point somewhere en route. We are hoping to have a few guests from Belgium and the Netherlands, with the possibility of an article in 4L magazine, so positive thoughts for good weather please!

Hello all. As Becky mentions there will be a group of our R4 friends visiting us from across the Channel for the weekend, Dutch Belgian and French too. They are setting up camp at Eagles Garth Campsite, which is situated between Rye and Tenderton. The campsite has a rally field for group camping, and that is what I have booked, no point in driving up from Kernow for the day, so if anymore of you are attending from further afield and you fancy joining us around the campfire for the weekend that would be great. The campsite is 15 minutes drive from the event. The number for the site is 01797 253494. Looking forward to meeting friends old and new.

Regards Brian.

people! there is a serious danger that the Giulietto's team participates in the meeting of Kent ... what can you bring from Italy?

The most important thing to bring is yourself. :hug: A car is also very useful. Preferably a Renault 4, but not all of us can manage that (me included this year).

Bring sunshine and a camera.

Hope to meet you soon!

The most important thing to bring is yourself. :hug: A car is also very useful. Preferably a Renault 4, but not all of us can manage that (me included this year).

Bring sunshine and a camera.

Hope to meet you soon!

I agree! See you soon!

Giulietto I would love to drive my Quatrelle to Italy and meet up with some fellow enthusiasts. I guess it's on my "bucket list" really. The trouble is that list is still quite long.

Giulietto I would love to drive my Quatrelle to Italy and meet up with some fellow enthusiasts. I guess it's on my "bucket list" really. The trouble is that list is still quite long.
opportunities to attend a meeting in Italy have emerged: the beginning of June there will be a miting in Bergamo (http://www.renault4.it/web/index.php/eventi/details/76-pota-pota- in-r4-bergamo) and in September there will be a meeting between the two in Sicily ... there will surely be some other. put the machine on and go! if you wait for the right time you get old!

Thank you for the information Giulietto, I had better hurry up because I'm quite old already :whistle:

Back