Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1.1 / 850 parts compatibility

blartbox

Enthusiast
Does anyone know if any of the exhaust components of the 1.1 ( manifold / link pipe/silencer/ tail pipe) are shared with the 850cc models?

I recall putting a 1.1 engine in a Renault 4 in place of an 850 engine that had been causing problems. I'm fairly sure I kept the same exhaust system (a rather cool side exit exhaust). This was all in the distant past so I can't be sure.

Might be worth checking the part numbers for standard aftermarket parts to see if they are the same/different. It's possible the whole system fits but the pipes have different diameters?

Normally 845 saloons have the silencer under the front wing and side exit pipe while 1108 ones have rear mounted silencer but both systems can be swapped without hassle. The manifolds are completely different. There are four different link pipes with the same 40mm external diameter (at least as part numbers). Maybe it has to do with the curves,but however it is possible to fit a link pipe for under-wing mounted silencer on a 1108 manifold, therefore the exhausts after the manifold are basically interchangeable. Maybe the 845 silencer is a little more restricted compared to 1108.Note also that if you replace an under-wing silencer system with a rear end one you should add two more mountings, but they are relatively easy to fabricate.

Back